Transfer OEx and IE to new cptr

hatrickj 23:18 15 May 04

I know you use Import and Export to xfr address book. Do you use same to transfer account details and mailboxes in OEx also favourites in IE?
On curent machine I am using IE5 and new will be using IE6 of course.

temp003 03:01 16 May 04

Email account settings: In OE5, click Tools, Accounts, Mail tab, highlight account, click Export, and save it as an .iaf file somewhere.

Copy the .iaf file to the new computer. Open OE6. Click File, Import, Mail Account Settings, and browse to the .iaf file, and proceed as prompted.

Email folders and messages: In OE, click Tools, Options, Maintenance tab, click Store Folder. This will give you the full path to the folder where all your email data is stored.

Then go into My Computer. You have to enable Show hidden files first, if not already. For 98, click View, Options, tick Show All Files. For ME or Windows 2000, click Tools, Folder Options, View tab, and tick Show hidden files and folders. Click OK.

Then go to the folder in question, and make a copy of the entire folder. Copy the folder to somewhere on the new computer. Then open OE6, click File, Import, Messages, select Microsoft Outlook Express 6, Next, select "Import mail from an OE6 store directory", OK, then browse to the folder, and proceed as prompted.

IE Favourites: in IE, click File, Import and Export, Export Favourites, and save it as a .htm file somewhere. Then copy it to new computer. In OE6, click File, Import and Export, Import Favourites, and browse to the location of the .htm file, and proceed as prompted.

hatrickj 09:06 16 May 04

Thanks. I'll keep subject open incase I have any questions later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…