Transfer music files back to pc from SanDisk e140

justkevin 09:37 04 Nov 08

Having lost most of my music files upgrading to WMP 9 I would like to transfer the files on my player to the pc,is this feasible?
I thought I had saved them in a backup hard drive but while they are shown as folders(each tune) the folders are empty! so can't be transferred to the pc.

T I M B O 12:23 04 Nov 08

Upgrading ur WMP should not remove ur music files from ur hard drive. Have you done a search to locate ur music?

I had no idea that you can still get WMP 9.

Getting music from ur external devise should be fairly simple. Plug it into a use port, then go to "My Computer" and look for that devise and copy ur music from there.

justkevin 12:53 04 Nov 08

Thanks Timbo
I can only run WMP9 as I am using windows 2000 profwessional ,I have located my music on a removable storage drive But I found that though the songs are all listed as individual folders ,the folders are empty!I wonder if Wmp9 only handles certain types of files and deletes what it doesn't recognise.I made a faithful copy of all my files on this removable drive and am choked that all I have is their names .I

T I M B O 13:03 04 Nov 08

Yes this could be a factor. As i have never used WMP 9 for about 6 years then maybe i am not the person to help you here. But it's still a mystery as to why ur files have all gone.

Rahere 13:18 04 Nov 08

Just wondering if any of your music files were protected by some sort of rights management before, this might make them inaccessible.

Are you viewing the files in WMP or in windows explorer?

Do the folders contain anything at all what is the total size of the folders in MBs?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017