Transfer Mini Disc Recordings to CD

Boiler 21:16 08 Jul 03

I have many Mini Discs recorded from vinyl and wish to transfer these to C.D.and at the present have not been successful. Would be obliged for any assistance. I am useing XP Pro,Roxio Platinum.
Thanks
Boiler

accord 21:46 08 Jul 03

i have got audio cleaning labs deluxe 3.0 but havent had a chance to use it yet. this lets you record anything from your hifi to pc via the phono socket to your sound card.

anybody out there used this or any other software?

toxin 22:52 08 Jul 03

You say you have mini discs recorded from vynil; so I assume you have a HiFi system,if it has 'Tape Out' sockets, connect these using a suitable cable to your 'Line-In' jack on the sound card.

Personally I use Nero Wave Editor to do the recording, save as a WAV file, and then do the cleaning in Audio Cleaning Lab,saving in a different folder,still as a WAV file.

When I have enough tracks to fill a CD, I burn using Nero at a speed of 16x although my drive is capable of 48X. I find this gives me the reliability and quality I want.

Always use CDR discs never CDRW for audio!

Audio Cleaning Lab is a very good program for what you want to do, and is well worth the money, try Amazon(often discounted price); If you want a shareware program try click here.

Hope this helps, any probs come back and I'm sure the folks on this forum can put you right.

Toxin.

Boiler 20:40 09 Jul 03

Many thanks to 'accord and toxin' for their assistance. My problem is that i no longer have hi-fi equipment only my essential recordings on mini disc.I can connect my mini disc to the sound card and use the preamp in the mini disc but,can find no programme that will allow me to transfer these recordings to the P.C.
Ever Hopeful
Thanks
Boiler

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5