Transfer itunes from PC to ext HDD

rocky7373 16:21 15 Sep 10

I have all my itunes on my PC which I would like to transfer to my ext HDD or laptop. Problem is that my monitor keeps going into standby as soon as I connect it to PC. I have tried the jumper method but no joy.
Is there a way I can use my laptop to read files on my PC HDD without the need for a monitor. I've heard about laplink cables but i think that requires both computers to be on to work.
Any help would be appreciated.

john bunyan 19:15 15 Sep 10

Can't you create a nework - wireless or whatever and do it that way. As an alternative, you can install i Tunes on the laptop, then burn one or more Data DVD's on your desktop PC of your music. The iTunes folder includes "i Tunes music" and I see no reason why you cant copy this to your USB HD, then on the laptop / iTunes open iTunes then "add folder to library" . You are allowed by iTunes to have up to 5 PC's sharing your music.

rocky7373 23:18 15 Sep 10

The problem is I can't access the hdd in my pc as my monitor goes into standby as soon as i boot the computer up therefore I can't see anything. So I thought that if I could just access the itunes on my pc via my laptop somehow it would alleviate the problem.

mole44 07:09 16 Sep 10

go to Amazon get the "Clickfree" dongle £30 or so bingo job done,it`s very good i use it to save all my stuff (not the whole system only certain data)i use ghost to back up my complete system.I have over 32k of music all legal and 10k family pictures.get this piece of kit and you`ll thank me.

iscanut 10:08 16 Sep 10

External backup is no good if he can't access the drive ! He already has an External HDD.

gengiscant 10:47 16 Sep 10

What make/model is your laptop?
Is it knackered?if so remove the hard-drive and using something like this click here to connect to another PC and you can copy all your stuff including itunes.

rocky7373 14:28 16 Sep 10

That looks like the option I'll go for. Thanks gengiscant.

hippocampus208 10:35 05 Oct 10

well, thank, i've been there. It's such a big help.

iscanut 12:54 05 Oct 10

What are you talking about ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac