transfer files from one hard drive to another

1911 00:08 10 Aug 05

I have a hard drive which is almost full. i put in another hard drive. What is the best ,and quickest way to transfer the files to the new one?
os is Win XP home. Thank you

ashdav 00:23 10 Aug 05

If you want to copy your whole system then you need a cloning program. If you just want to copy files then drag and drop them.click here

Rtus 00:29 10 Aug 05

Add XP as a new install to the new drive then select transfer files wizard >(pasted from help file)>>Using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard The Files and Settings Transfer Wizard helps you move your data files and personal settings from your old computer to your new one, without having to go through much of the same configuration you did with your old computer. For example, you can take your personal display properties, folder and taskbar options, and Internet browser and e-mail settings from your old computer and place them on the new one. The wizard will also move specific files or entire folders, such as My Documents, My Pictures, and Favorites. Passwords are not moved with program settings when you use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard. This is a feature of the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard that helps to keep your passwords confidential.

We recommend that you install a virus detection program on the new computer before transferring files over from the old computer. This can help protect your new computer from viruses that may be contained in the files transferred over from your old computer.

Open the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard.

Notes

To open the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Files and Settings Transfer Wizard.
For more information, click Related Topics.