Transfer files to new hard drive

yam1000 15:29 13 Dec 03

I have just fitted a new hard drive and installed XP. my old drive has has windows ME installed it is set up as the slave drive. I want to tranfer the address book from the old drive to the new one,along with favorites etc, but when i open the old wab.files etc they are empty.I have transfered all my documents to the new drive no probs.Any suggestions?

Diodorus Siculus 15:35 13 Dec 03

Are you able to boot with WinME? If so, start WinME and when you open the windows address book, choose export address.

yam1000 16:29 13 Dec 03

Do n't know if I can? How to I go about booting into ME.I assume i boot up using my ME start up disk but Don't know what to do from there

Diodorus Siculus 16:37 13 Dec 03

This is assuming that you did not delete any files from the old one with ME on it. How did you go about the install of the new disk?

Remove the new hard drive.

Change the jumper settings on the old to master and install it.

Then start the pc.

That should boot into ME again - then do your export of the address book.

yam1000 16:44 13 Dec 03

Thanks I'll do that. I was hoping of a way that I didn't have to take my pc to bits again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…