transfer files to icy box

fitcher 22:46 08 Mar 05

I have an external icy box with a hard drive fitted I would like to be able to transfer things easily from my laptop to this new drive .the drive is formatted and is showing as extra drive ,it is the drag and drop process that I come unstuck with, often only half the files or just the icon left showing on the new drive ,is there a software to make it easier to do .simmilar to the nero, you use to make up files for a cd writer,, like burning to an external drive say cheers

Dragon Heart 02:04 09 Mar 05

Have you tried the 'send to' option ?

Highlight file(s) to be moved, right click mouse and send to options are shown.

If your external drive not on list do simple search for "Send to" and copy a shortcut of drive into folder.

Peter 02:14 09 Mar 05

You could try drag and drop using the right mouse button. This will give you a dropdown list of options from which you can choose "Copy" to copy the file. Other options will allow you to "Move" or "Create a Shortcut".

Peter.

Peter 14:00 10 Mar 05

You've applied the "Green Tick", but what solved your problem? Others, who read this thread, might have the same, or a similar, problem and they could find the solution useful.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…