Transfer files from disk C to D

bogs 13:54 07 Oct 04

My local disk C is just about full while local D is empty. How do I tranfer files from C to D or failing that start using them both in combination?

john-232317 14:00 07 Oct 04

Right click file, send to option, should list other HD, left click.

john-232317 14:03 07 Oct 04

When installing programs etc change C to D in the address, then they will be installed on D drive.

woodchip 14:22 07 Oct 04

You can move files by just right click on files and drag. But this will NOT WORK FOR PROGRAMS. i.e there are registry file's pointing to program also files all over the C:\ drive for programs, not just the Program Folder to think about. If you need to move them it will entail removing from Add Remove and Reload or you can try Software That will move and reconfigure the Programs. However, this does not always work.

TomJerry 14:36 07 Oct 04

(1) If CD are just different partitions on the same disk, you just need to re-allocate disk space by resize C & D, you can use program such as Partition Magic (£20 from Amazon click here, £0 from a friend if you are naughty) or Partition Manager $49.99 click here.

(2) C & D are two completely different disks. Uninstall some software packages, remove any junk files, reinstall software, Select Custom install and change the installation directory to a directory on D.

bogs 09:26 08 Oct 04

Many thanks to those who sent solutions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…