Transfer Files To Another Computer

bob's 19:13 29 Jun 03

How Do I Transfer Files To Another Computer.Eg My Documents And Favourites

User-312386 19:17 29 Jun 03

Use a CD-RW drive.

A Zip Drive

Or if you have windows XP you can use the file and transfer wizard

woodchip 19:18 29 Jun 03

Have you got a digital camera. you can use that if you have usb on both computers

bob's 19:32 29 Jun 03

I Have A Digital Camera And There Is USB On Both Computers. It Is Windows 98 And Windows 2000.How Do I Use The Camera

woodchip 19:41 29 Jun 03

just connect the camera and switch it on, the mem card should be clean no pics, then right click Favourites in the Windows folder and drag to the camera icon or removable drive that shows when you have the camera connected choose copy hear then open on other comp and drag files from camera with right click and copy

bob's 19:47 29 Jun 03

Many Thanks Guys For All Your Help.I Will Try It Out Later Tonight

woodchip 19:49 29 Jun 03

Just use it like a floppy disc

SEASHANTY 19:53 29 Jun 03

Use one of the new USB Pen Drive storage plug ins. Available from various outlets with capacities from 32MB to 1GB. The 128MB disks are quite handy and cost around £25 to £30 from the cheaper suppliers.

woodchip 20:09 29 Jun 03

But why would he need to do that when is camera will do the same job without paying out

SEASHANTY 11:07 30 Jun 03

Hi there Woodchip. I wasn't saying that he should do it this way or any other way. He originally asked how he could transfer files from one PC to another. If his camera memory will do it, that's fine. It was for the benefit of others reading this thread. Many of us do not have digital cameras (me included - and I have no intentions of ever purchasing one.) These new USB pen drives are so small they easily fit in a pocket and are handy for transfer of data to PC's perhaps even miles away. I was only pointing out another way of transferring data which had not previously been mentioned.

woodchip 11:38 30 Jun 03

No prob, Not saying that there are other way's point taken.
Your Woodchip

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…