transfer everything to RAID 0 disks

TomJerry 14:46 07 Sep 04

I am getting a new machine with two RAID 0 disks. What is the best way to transfer everything (including data, apps and OS) on my existing disk to it?

The way I am thinking is to put my old parallel HDD in new machine which has two SATA disks on RAID 0. Boot my machine from old HDD and then use a disk clone program such as True Image or Ghost to RAID 0 disks. Then remove old HDD and boot up from RAID 0 disks.

My question is that: will it work? If not, what is the right way to do it? By the way I have both Win2K (SP4) and XP (SP2) on old HDD.

TomJerry 18:54 07 Sep 04

?

Dorsai 19:47 07 Sep 04

I biult a new PC with raid 0.

I plugges the old HDD in, on a non raid IDE cable. By default the MOBO booted from the old disk. Raid systems seem to always boot from non raid HDD's, even if set to boot from raid, if the HDD on the non raid cable is a bootable one.

had to install raid drivers for the old OS, that was on the old HDD.

Then the OS on the old HDD could see the new raid setup.

copied the files over. turned off, removed the old HDD.

But i did not try and copy the OS over, just my files. I installed the OS on the new raid setup first.

TomJerry 19:54 07 Sep 04

Judge from experience, my "method" may work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…