Transfer DV movie to computer

Arvind 10:44 08 Jan 09

I have a sony DCR-TRV18eCamcorder.I want to transfer dv tape video footage on to my computer.

My computer vista premium OP.

Is there drivers that i can download or is any other to transfer to my computer

Technotiger 11:18 08 Jan 09

You should have Software with your camcorder, plus you will need a Firewire Port on the PC to connect the camera.

Or a third party program like Pinnacle Studio.

Technotiger 11:20 08 Jan 09

Also click here

Technotiger 11:25 08 Jan 09

PS - Sorry, ignore the bit above about Firewire, just noticed your camera uses the USB connection.

Arvind 11:09 09 Jan 09

Sorry have tries to download the drivers you suggested .But it does not support vista operating system

please help

Technotiger 14:24 09 Jan 09

I have had a pretty thorough search for Vista compatible driver - I am afraid there does not appear to be a Vista driver available anywhere, for this camcorder!

You could hope that someone else might have more luck - but don't hold your breath! Sorry!

Technotiger 14:26 09 Jan 09

What happens if you connect the camera via USB, then switch it on?

Just wondering if you might see it in My Computer!

Kevscar1 14:31 09 Jan 09

If you plug it in Vista might install it's own drivers to run it.

Jim_F 14:54 09 Jan 09

Sony do offer an upgrade but it appears you need the i.Link cable to download from tape: click here

Technotiger 15:30 09 Jan 09

I have just had a look at the connections available on your camcorder - apparently it does have Firewire, so if you have a Firewire port on your pc you could connect it that way, then use a third party software such as Pinnacle Studio. If you do not have built-in Firewire on your PC, it is easy to fit a PCI Firewire card with Firewire ports.

eedcam 19:04 09 Jan 09

You could just use Windows movie maker if you have firewire to capture and do basic editing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…