Transfer digital photos from camera to pc

mandy487 19:47 07 Feb 04

I have both Adobe Photoshop and Ulead Photo Express 4.0. Ulead came with my Samsung SC-D23 digital camera. What are the major differences in these two programs, and how do I transfer the movies and photos from the camera to the PC?

MichelleC 20:22 07 Feb 04

Not sure about the differences, but once your cam is seen by windows you can use prog's 'Open' to navigate to cam. I would imagine the Adobe is better as 'Express' has less options (although I use Ulead's PhotoImpact which is great).

MichelleC 20:26 07 Feb 04

For movies (you may have to convert to dv) and then render to mpeg1 (vcd) printingclick here or click here

Pamy 20:27 07 Feb 04

Hi, as no one else has answered I will try to help.

Photoshop is a very powerfull Photo manipulating prog.
Both will allow you to download pictures from you camera.
After installing the prog. and drivers that came with your camera you should be able to connect the camera to your computer with the supplied cable(usb or firewire) and assuming that you have one of these connectors on your computer your camera will be recognised and you will be able to download your pictures.
this is a very simple explanation and I am sure others can give you more info if required.

Pamy

woodchip 20:29 07 Feb 04

Why not just do it all in Explorer, Create a Folder and Name it, then go to the Camera Icon or removable drive When camera switched on and expand like you would all other drives then drag photo’s to folder

the kopite 21:25 07 Feb 04

If you just plug in your camera lead and go to my computer open it and you should see your camera as a removable drive then just keep clicking till your photos appear kopite

arricarry 21:55 07 Feb 04

If you have a compatible card reader you can remove the camera card and transfer the files to your PC via the card reader.

Switcher 22:52 07 Feb 04

Best way to transfer files from camera to PC is by using a Card reader cost approx £10-00.

Adobe is a first class professional system and if you can master even 5% of it you will be able to do all the home user requires.

mandy487 23:15 07 Feb 04

I appreciate all of these responses very much. I even have options now, and that's a lot more than I'm going to learn around here.

Switcher & arricarry: How can I tell if I have a card reader already installed? Do you know what the name or description of that device would be?

john-232317 09:07 08 Feb 04

"I appreciate all of these responses very much. I even have options now, and that's a lot more than I'm going to learn around here."

Possibly right.... try help on the software...

Frenchkiss 11:59 08 Feb 04

Anybody got any recommendations for after shot software ?I'm currently using JASC after shot-beginners and Camedia. These were supplied (1) by Internet Cameras Direct (2) with my Olympus digital camera

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…