Transfer data from Windows 7 to i Pad 2

rawprawn 16:36 05 Mar 11

I am thinking of buying an i Pad 2 when it is available later this month.
Does anyone know if there is an adapter available so that I can connect it to my compter's USB to transfer files etc?
RP

Forum Editor 16:50 05 Mar 11

complete with all you need to connect to your PC.

What kind of files will you want to transfer?

gazzaho 17:06 05 Mar 11

I've just bought an iPad (my luck, bought it before finding out about version 2 release) and as far as I'm aware the transfer of files between a PC and one are very limited if impossible. I can't or haven't found out, for instance, how to transfer eBooks bought through iBooks to my PC. As far as I can determine you can only transfer application data that is compatible with FileSharing on the iPad and only through iTunes. Although if I'm wrong someone is sure to correct me.

rawprawn 17:09 05 Mar 11

Thanks for the answer, I want to transfer mainly data files, MS Word etc, also Photos.I just noticed that there is no USB port.
I would also need to do my banking on it, is it secure?
I have never owned an Apple so I know very little about the system.

gazzaho 17:18 05 Mar 11

Not sure of word files but pictures can be transferred through iTunes, there's a tab in the iPad section for synching them to a folder on the PC.

Banking security would be determined by your bank, my bank security only works with Internet Explorer for instance. I myself would stick with the banking method you use now. A lack of AdobeFlash may limit banking with the iPad, I would check with your bank before hand.

rawprawn 17:20 05 Mar 11

Thanks, noted.

bremner 17:52 05 Mar 11

You can buy an adapters for the iPad that give an SD Card slot and USB port
click here

rawprawn 18:20 05 Mar 11

Thanks, but I can't get your link to work.
Can you write the address in text (leave a space somewhere so it doesn't appear as an html address)

ams4127 18:21 05 Mar 11

Any data you need to move can easily be done using itunes. Download one of the ebook apps and take it from there.

I also convert videos to run on the ipad (mpeg4) and transfer them using itunes again.

You'll be surprised how easy it is!

ams4127 18:25 05 Mar 11

Forgot to say that using a USB drive to transfer stuff will probably not work since they draw more current than the ipad allows.

I do have the USB converter and use it to transfer photos from my camera to the ipad. This is very quick and easy. There are also several ipad apps for "tweaking" photos before printing.

rawprawn 18:28 05 Mar 11

USB converter

Thanks,if it will transfer photos, will it transfer data?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced