Transfer of data from old to new pc

jockym 18:04 12 Jul 03

I am upgrading from a 5 yr old Pbell using 98SE to a Mesh Matrix 2600=FX (Aug 03)using XP as shown
in the Jul pcadvisor. I intend to retain the 3 in 1 epson CX3200 purchased recently. I am a
concerned that I need to transfer data eg my genealogy and some other necessary and important items, I really need to be advised on how I should go about this task as though I am fairly
confident that I can do most tasks on a pc, technically I'm not so good.
The P/Bell unit will be handed over to my daughter and I also need to remove all the material and I understand that I can use the units
Smart Restore but I need confirmation that this will in fact revert the unit/disc to its original state?
Grateful for any help

bremner 18:11 12 Jul 03

The best way is to take your old hard drive out and connect it as a slave in the new machine and transfer the data.

I did this last weekend with an old Packard and a brand new Mesh. Connection took seconds.

Mesh has an open case policy so there are no warranty implications.

VoG II 18:11 12 Jul 03

On your new XP machine you will be able to use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard click here

Using Smart restore on your old PB should re-set it to just how it left the factory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…