Transfer data to new PC?

mutmeeman 18:33 13 Jul 07

Is there a way I can transfer data, such as media player libraries, to a new pc bearing in mind I don't have a disc burner on my old pc?

VoG II 18:41 13 Jul 07

This may help click here

Diemmess 20:28 13 Jul 07

Do you have any USB ports on the old computer?

If you do, you can copy large chunks of data using a pen drive or memory stick.

Or push the boat out and buy a powered case for USB with a spare HD? and transfer that way. This external USB can be a place for backup and use over and over in many ways.

If you don't have USB, which version of Windows are you using?

Taff™ 10:53 14 Jul 07

I suggest you install your old drive as a slave in your new computer. click here for a fairly simple overview video but post back if you need more detailed help from the forum.

Once you have transferred all the data you can format the drive and use it as extra storage.

wee eddie 11:21 14 Jul 07

Buy an "Enclosure" which is the term used for an empty "External Hard Drive" case.

Put the old HDD in it and copy away via your USB Port. (I'd get a Mains Powered one).

Once you've transferred everything you want, Format it to clear it of Windows and all the old stuff. Then use it for your Back-ups.

ICF 11:25 14 Jul 07

You could use one of these click here

bretjones 22:24 14 Jul 07

i used an enclosure to get my data from my laptop to my new pc, although im sure you could do the same for pc-to-pc. it was easy as can be when i did it.
oh, and the enclose only cost 2 pounds, including postage, from ebay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5