Transfer from cam to puter

cyberthicko 12:59 19 Dec 05

Is there a programme or a piece of kit I need to transfer my films from my samsung camcorder to my computer?Or isn`t it possible?There is an audio/video out plug for the transfer to video but is it possible to transfer the images to my computer.
Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

Totally-braindead 13:04 19 Dec 05

Is the Samsung camcorder a digital one or an analogue one?

Blacki 13:04 19 Dec 05

do a google search for pinnacle video. they have an adapter that plugs into a usb port. on the adapter there is 3 or 4 different ports. one for the red, white and yellow leads. and a video in.
I have used it before. it is slow, but it gets the job done.

hopefully this will help you.

Totally-braindead 13:43 19 Dec 05

cyberthicko post in the thread not by sending info by email as the other people on the forum can't see what you've said.

By email from cyberthicko its a digital camcorder.

If this is a one off and you just want to copy it not edit it or anything then Blackis advice maybe just what you want.

QVC are selling a similar item click here if you look under networking and cables they selling an item for £39.84 which may do what you want. They call it ADS Instant Video Express Easy Capture And Automatic Movie Creation. The alternative is download it onto your PC using a firewire port if you have firewire but you would need to buy software as well to edit and burn it. I have to stress that I have not done any video editing and therefore am not the best one to advise but leave the thread open and someone else on the forum will hopefully advise. Perhaps someone can say if this QVC item is as easy to use as they say it is.

SG Atlantis® 16:48 19 Dec 05

I have a digital camcorder and all I had to buy was a firewire lead. And then I ran windows moviemaker to capture it.

woodchip 16:57 19 Dec 05

If you have the right software, You should be able to use USB on Movie Maker if on XP, I have a JVC and can trancfer both directitions on AV, USB, or Firewire also as S-Video

woodchip 17:02 19 Dec 05

Forgot to Add File size for Fat32 is limited to 4Gb less one bite NTFS does not have this limit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…