Transfer of analogue Video Tapes to DVD using XP W

buckland 17:51 05 Feb 08

I have numerous VHS Tapes which I want to transfer to DVD and also have an old 1986 (but working) JVC GR-C7 VHS(C) Video Camera/Recorder which I might use to record directly to DVD (via presumably my external 500Gb Hard Drive) and for which I have the camera's AV OUT to Video IN and AUDIO IN Connector. Hopefully I can use the in-built Windows Movie Maker existing on my XP.Editing is n ot of primary importance but a better storage media is. It seems that I need a "Device" to link my analogue JVC Super VHS Video Recorder via a USB2.0 socket on my PC and I assume the "device" would also work similarly with the Video Camera for direct recording to the PC as the camera would be then acting as a VCR.
Can any body comment on this please and recommend a suitable "Device". I regret that I am not at all "technical" as you would have gathered but I shall try to follow any ideas. Many thanks. Buckland.
Apologies for posting this incorrectly on ConsumerWatch so here it is again.

Totally-braindead 17:56 05 Feb 08

Please don't post numerous threads on the same subject it confuses people.
click here

Since this one is in the helproom and the other is in consumerwatch I think you'd be best ticking the consumerwatch one as resolved as it seems to me at least to be better here.

eedcam 18:16 05 Feb 08

Personal opinion get a dvd recorder then transfer to dvd .Then import the dvd's as and if you need them to the pc to edit with one of the editing software like adobe or ulead or magix all with free trials . No quality advantage or time saving going through the pc first . Wmm will only handle avi so you will have pretty big files if you go that route then you'll need to export them as dv-avi (13 G/byte per hours footage before you can burn to dvd
But only personal opinion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…