transfer of analog videos to hard drive

replica 18:43 19 Aug 05

has anyone any useful tips onhow to get video tapes transfered on to the hard drive.
We have tried by means of a few devices to no avail. . Some one has given us a device that going into the scart lead outlet in the back of the video player/recorder, but we have no composite conector on our compaq presario computer.we are new to the computer, so make it easy please, there are many leads out there but which one to buy..

Technotiger 19:18 19 Aug 05

Hi, you will need a pci TV Card in your pc. WinTV by Hauppage for example. You can then attach a normal TV arial and vcr to your pc. You can then capture video to your hd.

PC Bilbo 23:21 19 Aug 05

Try following link for info

I am not sure if you want to record from analogue camcorder or VTR but this does both.

Al94 23:23 19 Aug 05

I have done this successfully using a Hauppage USB TV card and Nero 6

PC Bilbo 23:28 19 Aug 05

Sorry try this link .Have seen this elsewhere for around £80

click here

woodchip 23:34 19 Aug 05

Yes I got a Tevion USB Capture from ALDI for Daughters camcorder it works treat. There is also a button on it for still capture.

PS it cost £30

Technotiger 01:17 20 Aug 05

Hi, I suggest that you use this when you are trying to Post a long URL.

click here

Technotiger 01:19 20 Aug 05

Sorry, that was meant to be click here

wobblymike 09:21 20 Aug 05

I guess you want to copy vhs tapes from your vcr to your HDD with the object of turning them into VCDs or DVDs - given that assumption is right, then here is a list of stuff you will need
Fit a pci video capture card to your PC as stated earlier
Connect your VCR to it using an s video out from vcr to svideo in on capture card
and audio out from VCR to audio in on capture card you may need a lead with 2 x phono connectors on one end for the vcr and a stereo jack on the other end for the capture card
Your capture card will come with its own capture software some of them in my experience are fine others a bit basic however give it a try and capture say 10 mins worth of video. Play it back and confirm that there is no loss of audio video sync, this happens sometimes with some of the more basic capture software packages. Hope this helps if you want anymore post back.

PC Bilbo 09:33 20 Aug 05

Re long URLlinks./ Thanks, I've bookmarked for future use!

pj123 09:58 20 Aug 05

Have a read through some of these previous threads on the subject.

click here

I use the Dazzle Fusion USB unit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…