Transfer 8mm video to DVD

nicolarowe 21:10 15 Mar 15

Please can someone tell me what cables and where to connect Sony handycam TR411E whoch only has two jack plugs video and audio. I want to use this to put all the old 8mm video tapes onto DVD. I have recently purchased a Toshiba RDXV60KB, which is a VHS DVD HDD COMBI, this is connected to TV via one of the scart sockets marked Tv. I can play the 8mm video on the tv by connecting the handycam to TV VIA JACKS and playing the tapes in the handycam. I thought by viewing this on the TV I could then record to DVD as I was watching it on the TV. But no this didn't work it recorded a TV channel!!!! The TV IS SAMSUNG model UE42F5000AK What did I do wrong! Or is there another better way.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:36 15 Mar 15

you need dubbing mode see page 68 of the manual

select the input of where you have connected the sony

select recoding mode vcr or DVD - select speed SP - select record - pause - select play on sony and unpause at same time.

nicolarowe 22:10 15 Mar 15

Thank you I will try again tomorrow but I thought this is what I did!

nicolarowe 08:13 19 Mar 15

Sorry didn't have time to try this now I'm working a lot so will update again may be a while before I try again, I need to be calm and patient.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced