trans files from laptop but 1 LT has faulty screen

john 16:24 14 Nov 05

My laptop has a faulty screen so I can't see anything, before I send it for repair I would like to transfer files and settings to my new laptop.
I have a cable that will let my new laptop read the old hard drive so can drag and drop files.

I particularly need to transfer all of the data that was contained in my ms outlook and also all of my old aol emails that were stored on the computer.

Anyone please know which files need to be transferred and how I then re enter all of the info into ms outlook and aol on my new computer.

Thanks
John

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 14 Nov 05

Can you connect an external monitor to your laptop? Most have a port for this and a key combination to swap to external monitor.

john 20:37 14 Nov 05

Thanks, tried connecting a normal pc monitor to the video port that but didn't work, I got the initial windows start up screen but then completely black.

johnnyrocker 20:50 14 Nov 05

maybe best way is if you have a spare hard drive you could swap it send machine away then replace when it comes back? far less risky in my view.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…