Tranferring programs from floppies

iconoclast 13:12 20 Aug 06

I have an HP LaserJet 5 printer which is well over 10 years old. The drivers are no longer available from HP support but I still have the original software on floppies. I want to tranfer these, in useable form, onto CD-ROM. How do I do this?

palinka 14:30 20 Aug 06

I'd try this - insert each floppy in turn in your pc. Open each and save the contents to your pc . Then save each one in turn to a CDR (or RW).
Can't see why that wouldn't work.

VoG II 14:32 20 Aug 06

Assuming that the drivers are currently installed why not use click here

iconoclast 17:52 20 Aug 06

Thanks for the helpful advice...will try these options and report back

woodchip 17:57 20 Aug 06

Create a folder on your hard drive the copy files from floppy to the folder. Use Nero to copy burn to CD

woodchip 17:59 20 Aug 06

If you have more than 1 foppy for drivers Create a folder for each floppy and name them disc 1, 2, 3, etc

David4637 15:14 21 Aug 06

If the driver is on more than one floppy.

Surely when you run the CD (*.exe)it will then ask you to insert the second floppy, how will the PC know what to run in the second folder etc - I some how think you can't run it from a CD if there are more than one floppy? David

DieSse 15:21 21 Aug 06

*I have an HP LaserJet 5 printer which is well over 10 years old. The drivers are no longer available from HP support...*

click here

woodchip 10:55 22 Aug 06

When it asks for disc 2 you point it to disc 2 on the CD

terryf 11:30 22 Aug 06

I do a similar thing when I use the win2000 drivers for my aged scanner, just browse to the relevant folder on the CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017