tranferring files

carnoustiejim 13:48 27 Oct 11

hi im trying to transfer files i recorded on my humax pvr300t to an external drive i keep getting message its the wrong format (ntfs) its says the format is (ext3) or (sata 32/64) if i buy an external sata hard drive will it play on my windows 7 aio pc i thought it would only play ntfs hard drives im new to all this any help would be very helpful also is there any other way i can transfer the files thanks kirriejim

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:16 27 Oct 11

the files are recorded in .ts files and can be played by VLC player on any PC.

What are you using to get the files off the humax? is there a USB slot on the 300t?

robin_x 14:18 27 Oct 11

You need to create a dedicated partition (probably the first one) on the external HDD.

This partition must be formatted with whatever Humax wants.

Partition Wizard will do this.

I would have thought FAT32 would work, but you are limited to 4GB which is not enough for long recordings. It does have the benefit of being Windows compatible though.

If you want to format to ext3, you will need a utility to mount the partition in Windows.

robin_x 14:27 27 Oct 11

...limited to 4GB = 4GB per file (not partition size).

carnoustiejim 15:38 27 Oct 11

hi thanks for replys yes theres a usb socket il buy a fat32/64(which)and get vlc player and see how i go let you khow thanks again kirriejim

robin_x 15:59 27 Oct 11

You don't need to buy a specific formatted drive and if you try may end up with some special.

By the way, have you seen the price of hard drives now since the floods in Thailand? They have gone through the roof.

It's probably easier to get say a 8 or 16GB USB flash drive just for transferring from your Humax to PC.

I have a couple of 8GBs for my PVR (not Humax) and general use.

8GB is just a touch too small though. I'll get mebbe 3 x SD movies on that. Takes ages anyway. 15 mins per hour for me.

Or if you have an existing external drive, just shrink the first partition and add a new first partition of a few GB, simply for getting the files off the Humax. You can then move the files anywhere on your system.

guesswho2 20:12 27 Oct 11

Could I just jump in here to ask if there is a straightforward way to transfer a recording from the Humax 9200T to the PC? I'd be delighted to hear if this could be done by this old fogie who's just fairly computer literate!

robin_x 20:55 27 Oct 11

9200T Manual

Google from 9200t export

Reading between the lines, doesn't the PC see the 9200T as just another drive(s), if you connect via USB. If so, just drag and drop/copy the .ts files.

I don't really know, you may be better in a Humax forum. Or there are others, search 'Humax forum'

guesswho2 11:20 28 Oct 11

Thanks for those contacts robinofloxley.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…