tranfer of IE favourites and address book in OE.

Boluwd 15:39 06 Oct 03

Can someone quickly remind me how to copy and transfer both the favourites details from internet explorer6 and the addresses/contacts and messages from my old Win98SE to my brand spanking new (and currently still working!) Mesh Win XP machine. I won't be networking the two for a while yet.

christmascracker 16:05 06 Oct 03

Copy them onto a floppy and then transfer them to your new pc

Sheila

Taff36 16:07 06 Oct 03

In explorer click on your C drive to highlight it the press CTR+F to run the search facility enter *.WAB and search for your windows address book.

Mail Folders have a .DBX extension

Favourites are usually in a folder called favourites. Search for the folder in a similar way.

You will need to burn these to CD probably, depends on the size of your files. Copy them to a new Folder and see how much you have.When you have them copied onto the new machine in a temporary folder you can import the address book and the mail folders from within their programs. (Note you must be in Address Book and not just Outlook Express) The favourites files are located in C:\Documents & Settings\ (Your Profile Name)\Favourites - Simply transfer them across.

Hope I`ve remembered this all correctly too!

Megatyte 17:49 06 Oct 03

Open your address book and click File - Export - Address book(WAB). Open IE and click File - Import and Export - Next - Export Favorites.

Import is the same but choose 'Import'

AH

Boluwd 00:08 07 Oct 03

Thanks all for your advice...all sorted now (used Megabyte's way.

Taff36 07:46 07 Oct 03

Much Simpler too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…