Training Assistance Required?

Legslip 21:36 13 Apr 09

I am pretty computer literate and a good friend has asked me to sit with them and teach them XP and MS Word over a number of weeks through one hour lessons. Does anyone know where material may be available to do this in a structured way rather than just sitting with them and telling them to press various buttons?

MAJ 21:40 13 Apr 09
  Legslip 21:55 13 Apr 09

Thanks Maj but £400 is a bit out of my reach for casual 1 on 1 training. Perhaps for the future...

MAJ 22:00 13 Apr 09

I wasn't suggesting that you purchase the course, Legslip, you asked for advice on a structured training schedule for MS Word and Windows. That page has it in spades. I assumed that as you were going to teach someone, you already know how to use XP and Word yourself.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:08 13 Apr 09
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:10 13 Apr 09
  Legslip 22:16 13 Apr 09

Sorry Maj. I take your point. Yes, I can use the structured approach as outlined and remove the more detailed elements (they only require training on the essentials!). It is a good starting point. Thanks.

Thanks Fruit Bat. This looks the business and I can use the elements to support Maj's plan.

Legslip 22:21 13 Apr 09

Fruit Bat. The last link looks the business. Many thanks.

BRYNIT 23:01 13 Apr 09

Windows help and how to use Windows XP click here

Word training courses from the Microsoft website click here

ronalddonald 23:26 13 Apr 09

not try dummies books and idiots guide to books look on amazon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…