Traffic 2005 expansion onto FS 2004

Rhuddlan 18:51 20 Feb 07

All,

I have installed FS 2004 successfully, when installing Traffic 2005 a message appears telling me to install the FS 2004 update, then when trying to install this a message says I already have it installed, then Traffic 2005 again tells me to install the update first, but I already have it.

I have had FS 2004 for 2 years and have just made a fresh install and have purchased Traffic 2005 which is compatiable with FS 2004.

Anyone help?

PA28 20:04 20 Feb 07

Try reinstalling the update from the Traffic 2005 disk rather than other sources. I recall that installation of this program can be problematic if you have antivirus running at the same time. If you have Traffic 2002 on your machine, get that uninstalled first as well.

Rhuddlan 17:10 21 Feb 07

I have no other version of Traffic installed, I am trying to install the update from the Traffic 2004 disc.

PA28 19:16 24 Feb 07

Have a look at the Just Flight website support for a fix:

Problem Installing FS9.1 Update from Traffic 2005

If you have been unable to install Traffic2005 because it detects you do not have the Flight Simulator 9.1 update even though you have installed the update previously and this is confirmed when trying to run the update again :-

This is caused by some software you have used prior to updating to 9.1 that has prevented the full updating of all Flight Simulator files by the 9.1 update.
The prime cause of this problem are utilities that let you modify the Taxi Speed used by AI Traffic such as FSConfigurator. These work by actually changing the main FS module that controls AI traffic. The result is that when you later install the 9.1 update it is unable to update this module because it has been modified from its original data.

Traffic 2005 requires the 9.1 version of the main AI module in order to work properly and so will not install when it finds an older version present.

The correct procedure to fix this problem with the 9.1 update is:

1. Follow the Uninstall instructions you will find in the FS9UpdateReadme.rtf file you will find in your main Flight Simulator folder
2. Insert the Flight Simulator CD2 and double-click on MSGAME3.cab to open the cab to view the files
3. Locate ai_playr.dll in the cab and drag it out of the cab window and drop it on your desktop
4. Browse to your flight simulator folder in My Computer or Windows Explorer and locate the folder named Modules
5. Drag ai_playr.dll from the desktop and drop it on the modules folder icon. Click ok when it asks if it can overwrite the existing file
6. Run the 9.1 update install again. This should now successfully update all the files.

Special note - dll files are classified as System files and will not be displayed in My Computer or Windows Explorer unless your Folder settings are set to show them. To change your folder settings open up My Computer and select "Folder options" from the Tools menu. Click on the "View" tab and go down the list to the entry "Show Hidden files and folders" and click on it so that the radio button shows a dot. Dll files ("Application Extensions") will now display in the listings

Or for Users of the English language version of FS2004 only:

Click on the link below to download a tool that will restore the correct 9.1 module to Flight Simulator. Download it to your desktop or hard disk and then double-click to run it. It should locate your installation of FS2004 and offer the correct path. If not then you will need to use the Browse button to locate the correct folder. Click the Start button and the module will be fixed. You should then be able to run the Traffic2005 install without problems.

Please download the file here (86Kb)

Link: click here

Hope this helps.

PA28 09:15 26 Feb 07

Note you have indicated as resolved. Did this fix it, or did you just give up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017