Tracking PDF Downloads - Help please!

kalbrau 10:54 AM 07 Jan 09

Hi all,

I've recently set up an ecommerce site and have put a new link on my front page which allows potential customers to download a sample PDF so they can see what they get for their money. This is done via an image which links to some webspace I have with Lycos.

My question is, how can I track how many people are downloading this PDF? As the link goes directly to the file I don't think Google Analytics can help me, can it?

My site is at click here.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks

Andy

Patr100 19:24 PM 07 Jan 09

Do you have site traffic statistics provided bu the host contriol panel eg Awsats? You can scroll down ans se the file type breakdown including pdf there.

Patr100 19:25 PM 07 Jan 09

Do you have site traffic statistics provided by the host control panel? eg with Awsats you can scroll down and see the file type breakdown including pdf.

kalbrau 13:39 PM 08 Jan 09

I have Google Analytics and the site stats software provided by the e-commerce provider (EKM Powershop) but both only give me page views, not downloads.

Patr100 23:05 PM 08 Jan 09

Doesn't Lycos also provide you with site stats?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…