Tracking PC usage by individuals

Jay-Jay 10:43 08 Aug 03

Is there a way to track a user's non-internet activity without installing any additional software?

Have a small staff problem and don't want the expense of buying expensive tracking software.

Tried using Temp / Recent / Profiles folders on myself to check but not reliable enough.

Any thoughts ?

Using WinNT

Xevious 10:52 08 Aug 03

if you think spending £60.00 is expensive, then don't look at:

click here

-pops- 10:55 08 Aug 03

A warning and a reminder of the consequences can do wonders in keeping staff under control.

You have to be careful about peering into computers, even if you do own them. There are all sorts of privacy, human rights this, that and the other regulations that can be invoked if you go about it wrongly.

Jay-Jay 11:04 08 Aug 03

Xevious - apologies - it's not the cost of purchasing software - it's the massively long winded process my company has in extracting this "officially" from the mainframes.

-Pops- Our organisation does have an E/mail usage and Computer Usage policies...and they are enforced - I just wanted to confirm my concerns before starting a formal process which would provide evidence to clear or cruicify.

I think a general reminder wouldn't go amiss though.

I. T. Mastermind 11:12 08 Aug 03

There are many free keyloggers on the internet for free download. Try serching google for keyloggers.

Belatucadrus 12:52 08 Aug 03

click here for a selection of free PC activity monitoring software. Do check the license though, they may become shareware for commercial use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…