tracking internet activity

2020 23:47 27 Nov 04

hope you can help. my sister has discovered that someone has been visiting very offensive sites, discovered when i acessed dropdown address bar and history. can i find out the time these sites were visited? she has asked me to load a block to such sites..[suggestions welcome] but she is not the administor will this be a problem?
many thanks

Technotiger 00:03 28 Nov 04

Hi, what OS? How many people have use of pc?
Your sister could arrange Password/s to only allow access to chosen users. Don't know of any way to date uses, but would suggest clearing history soonest. Cheers.

2020 00:24 28 Nov 04

Technotiger, thanks. i have cleared the history. her son is the administor, he maybe the culprit but she wanted to second guess him by knowing the time sites were accessed.if i install a net nanny type program does she have to b administer?

kev.Ifty 00:42 28 Nov 04

In XP

If you goto TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS. Then click on the GENERAL Tab.... Click the Button, SETTINGS.

A new Window will open. You can then click on the button in the new Window that opens , called 'VIEW FILES'. See what this reveals!!

You should be presented with dates and times of visited Websites Etc....

If....They haven't been cleared of course!!

Kev.

AndySD 00:56 28 Nov 04

With Xp and her son bieng the Admin you are on a hiding for nothing trying to add any program blocking these sites. You could do it with a Router or external firewall though.

My best advice here is to have a word with him. Dont accuse just explain what was found and what you did to delete it. It may have been his friends looking whilst he went to the toilet...or similar. If nothing else he will cover his tracks better in future.

hugh-265156 01:02 28 Nov 04

agree with AndySD.

2020 12:31 28 Nov 04

many thanks to all for your advice. i'd been thinking along those lines AndySD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…