Tracking cookies

dp600 09:37 25 Jul 03

Every time I go online betwween one an 5 traking cookies end up going to my C document and settings file and i end up doing an ad awere scan every time I finish.I have a zone alarm firwall runing.And yes |I was foolish enough to use Kazaa and I Mesh and both are now uninstalled.

Wes Tam ;-) 10:15 25 Jul 03

dp600 you're lucky! Ad-aware normally finds 15-20 per day on my PC.

Even this PCA site dumps one or two (apart from the one that contains my details) onto your PC.

Wes Tam ;-) 10:16 25 Jul 03

ps I don't mean that my details are dumped onto your PC, doh!!!!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:51 25 Jul 03

They are totally harmless....just delete them every so often (every month or fortnight will do). They track anonymously and are of no great concern or resource drain.

Install some software such as CookieWall and they should stop.

I installed this 4 weeks ago, and last night when I ran AdAware it found NOTHING.

You can get CookieWall from here click here

It's only 228K and very easy to install and setup.

Filch 13:04 25 Jul 03

You can keep out most tracking cookies by going to (in IE) Tools, Internet Options, Security, click on Restricted Sites, Sites. Enter the offender as * for example. You will have to do this for each firm, but it does work. However, it doesn't stop placement in the index.dat files, but Spider will take care of those.

graham√ 13:14 25 Jul 03

As above, CookieWall will solve all your cookie problems. Delete all your cookies, then just let those you need to come back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…