Tracking Cookies

Chris-347369 17:26 11 Apr 06

Ad-Aware always finds a few of these a week and I have a feeling they're always the same ones. When ad-aware finds a tracking cookie is it possible to stop it being downloaded onto your computer again?

I know Ad-Aware has no real time protection unless you pay.

anskyber 17:55 11 Apr 06

You could just ignore them and not delete them so you do not have the bother again.

GaT7 17:57 11 Apr 06

One way to prevent sites from putting unnecessary/spyware/3rd party cookies on your PC do the following (for IE):

IE->Tools->Internet Options->Privacy->Advanced. Put a tick each in "Override automatic cookie handling" & "Always allow session cookies". Then select Accept (or Prompt*) under First-party Cookies & Block under Third-party Cookies. OK, Apply yourself out of there.

*If you decide to select Prompt under First-party Cookies, initially you'll be prompted to allow/block cookies every few seconds, which can be very annoying - give it a try to see what I mean. But once those cookies are blocked you won't be prompted again, so it can only get better :)).

There are similar settings in Firefox. If you require them just ask. G

rawprawn 17:57 11 Apr 06

I don't think you can unless they appear in the host file. They are not malignant, just let Ad Aware delete them, we can all become paranoid about nothing.
PS. many tracking cookies I get emanate from this site, and are just a way of keeping tabs.

anskyber 17:58 11 Apr 06

Or if I have misunderstood your question you can control cookies like this. click here

rawprawn 18:00 11 Apr 06

Crossbow7 is right you can do it that way, but it's a bit of a bind for something that isn't threatening. However we should all make our own decisions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…