Tracker Ball mouse

swanny2 19:01 12 Dec 06

Ive had a Logitec track ball mouse for about 18 months now,i find it so easy as u only have too move ure thumb,but for some reason the mouse pointer stopped moving on my screen,but a red light comes on, on the mouse.
Now the other day i left it thinking it was broke, but i thought id try it again,and it started working again..Now for some reason its gone off again,so before i buy another has any 1 any ideas.. cheers Swanny :O)

UncleP 02:47 14 Dec 06

I've used a Logitech Marble trackball for many years (between 5 and 10, I would guess), and the only maintenance that it's needed in that time is to clean the accumulated dust away from the contact balls and the optical window. But yours is a different model, and to get advice from people who are familiar with it you need to specify the model name and/or number.

I must say I much prefer them to the conventional designs - wouldn't and couldn't return to them now.

birdface 11:28 14 Dec 06

I used to get the same problem, Could not fix it,So bought a new one which worked straight away,Still have the old one, which was about 18 months old,So will watch closely to see if you get a fix,

swanny2 11:37 15 Dec 06

cheers Ye mine is a Marble too. its funny tho i plugged it in a few days ago an it started working.Now it wont yet it lights up.. strange :(

jack 19:43 19 Dec 06

My oy one is an Microsoft model in this case the ball pops out with a gentle push from below
Then a gentle polish of the ball ans the internal linig of the cavity with a moist[alcohol]wipe brings it back to life.
So try that wipe the ball in your grubby hanky soaked in Malt Whisky - that'll do it.

swanny2 16:36 23 Dec 06

ok cheers. lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017