Track Splitting - Mini Disc to PC

shaduf 16:29 05 Sep 04

Some time ago I recorded some of my CD’s to Mini Disc.

I would now like to put the music from those Mini Discs on to my computer. I can record them through the sound card but they always finish up as one long track the length of the Mini Disc.

Is there any simple sound editor that would enable me to split the tracks?

Thanks

pj123 16:53 05 Sep 04

If it is recorded to your hard disk as .wav file the programme I use is LP Ripper this will split them back to separate tracks. Available from click here

Arthur Scrimshaw 17:46 05 Sep 04

If you re-recorded them in digital format you would keep the tracks seperate. You would need a usb connection device or a sound card with a digital input to do this. Or you could just copy your CD's to your hard drive.

shaduf 20:13 05 Sep 04

pj123
That looks as if it will do the job, I will try the trial version first.

Arthur S.
My portable Mini Disc only has Line Out but I do have an MD Deck in the Lounge set up which has digital out. I would think you are probably right in that if I keep it digital it will keep the tracks seperate.

My MD deck has digital optical out and my sound card has digital optical in so I'll be having a good fiddle tomorrow.

Thanks guys

Shaduf

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…