TRACING THROUGH EMAIL

modsteve 08:29 30 Jun 08

My wife recently received an email from her ex via my website. I returned the email, asking him not to bother us. Now he claims that now he has our isp number he can find out all our details, including our home address and telephone number.
Is this true, my wife is rather nervous.

birdface 08:46 30 Jun 08

If he is a bit of a hacker I would say it is possible.But I am no expert I am sure someone will be able to give you advice on his threats and how to stop him.I would keep a copy of any further e-mails he sends.Or maybe put him on your Blocked senders list.I suppose it is easy enough to get another e-mail address so he may try that.I don't know how you stand legally whether this could be classed as harrasment.Some lawyers will give free advice so maybe keep a copy of his e-mail in case you need it in the future.

Technotiger 09:17 30 Jun 08

See my response in the Helproom.

Please tick this thread as resolved and just stick to one thread - Helproom is best place!

ronalddonald 10:45 30 Jun 08

tick this resolved. see the rules sooner or later the forum editor will find out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…