Tracing an image

doug vem 17:41 24 Oct 03

I have a fairly detailed map on my PC courtesy of The Ordinance Survey. However I want to do a tracing of the map picking out the cycle and walking paths. I vaguely remember an application where you could draw on layers over the top of the main picture that you could then save separately. Anyone help to remind me what the program was. I'm sure it was on a PCA cover disc. I can go back about 3 years.

canard 17:44 24 Oct 03

Sourceforge Zonerdraw? Serif Drawplus? Both work with layers.

Pesala 17:50 24 Oct 03

Draw Plus might do the job quite well. If this is the sort of thing you do regularly I would recommend investing in Corel Draw Essentials, which is only about £60 or so.

A powerful, professional tool for maps, diagrams, blueprints, etc., and easy to use.

Manually tracing over a bitmap is probably the easiest way to get good results. Autotrace can be more trouble than it is worth.

slimpickins 18:36 24 Oct 03

Ulead PhotoImpact allows you to do this. In fact you could create a layer of the colour that marks the cycle paths without having to trace them.

You can get U Pi 5 free on cover disks sometimes or V7 for £15 on ebay. (They're now up to V8 & XL)

brambles 20:31 24 Oct 03

COREL PAINTER CLASSIC - COMES FREE WHEN YOU BUY A WACOM TABLET.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…