Tracing electrical-electronic faults

spuds 19:42 14 Oct 10

I am trying to locate a 'easy to read' and understand book, tutorial dvd or website that will explain methods of how to locate and possibly repair faults with electrical or electronic products.

I have tried Amazon, but the only books that I can find are from America, and would need importing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nontek 19:48 14 Oct 10

Any particular type of products - there are so many!

MAT ALAN 19:50 14 Oct 10

click here

might help...

spuds 20:37 14 Oct 10

MAT ALAN-- Just had a look at the link, and have bookmarked and downloaded a couple of demo's. The site appears to be very informative. Many thanks for that.

Nontek-- I have a old but faithful Pace satellite system with extra large dish that appears to have suddenly gone on the blink. The box changes channels but blank television screen. So not sure if its the Television channel, LNB, cable or receiver box at this moment in time. I have a selection of good test equipment, but fuzzy brain is in need of retuning to modern methods. Amateur radio days long since past.

Nontek 20:42 14 Oct 10

A Pace service manual might be a good starting point ...

click here

spuds 21:31 14 Oct 10

Thanks folks for the help. Problem as now been solved. Television channel required retuning for some unknown reason.Will look through the links again, for future use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017