TP LINK Router has Split Personality

kevinfkelly 18:05 28 Aug 08

Ok I have Virgin Media Broadband therefore i have a TP Link Cable internet Router. I have a laptop and have a bt broadband netgear router in House 1 which works perfectly, connects to automatically etc. but when i come into house 2 i start getting problems. It says wireless networks are available when i start up vista. i double click and it gives me 2 options. Kellypenrose which is a network i configured mself using a lan cable into the router, i set a security code and renamed it. when i connect to it the internet does not work. there is also a network named TP Link which has only one bar of signal as opposed to kellypenrose which has full bars. i can connect to it fine and when connected it is full bars signal. the problem is, it is an unsecured network, therefore it bypasses the password etc on my router. whats the problem? Another point i must mention is when Vista asks you which netowrk this will be i chose home, i have no idea what any of the options do but i chose it as it is being used in a house maybe this effects it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017