Toying with Open Office...

RobCharles1981 19:08 10 Dec 07

Hi Everyone

In Open Office 2.3.0 I'm having a few nigs with this. I'm typing a document/report and when I enter say a £ symbol and when I save and close and then reopen its showing a small square box.

I've inserted pictures into this document I'm typing again when I saved and closed then re opend the document file. The Pictures have gone all small.

Any Advice
Cheers
Rob

octal 19:17 10 Dec 07

I use OO all the time and I've never come across that before. The only thing I can think of is in Tools>Options then in Language settings make sure it's all set up for GB English. By the way, does it spellcheck in GB English?

MCE2K5 19:17 10 Dec 07

Could be a bug.

Just tried it on 2.2.0 and it's ok.

I haven't upgraded yet, Think I'll wait a bit Longer.

RobCharles1981 19:27 10 Dec 07

Looks ok there:

Any Idea about the picture issue:

Could it be that I'm saving them as Microsoft 6.0 type instead of openoffice type?

Can I show you what I'm getting?

octal 19:39 10 Dec 07

Take a screen shot and post it on here click here, provided it's nothing in the document we should see.

octal 19:41 10 Dec 07

I just notice when I clicked the post button, why are you saving it as MS6? That could be the problem, try saving as Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP (doc) and see if that cures it.

RobCharles1981 19:43 10 Dec 07

Don't worry Octal its safe as houses.

When I went to Image hack it says it doesn't support the file format?

MCE2K5 19:46 10 Dec 07

My version 2.2.0

It is a Bug.

Just tried again, This time saving as a Microsoft 6.0 Document.

octal 19:48 10 Dec 07

Oh, sorry you obviously don't know how to take a screen shot.

I Windows hit the key called Print Scrn, it's the right of the F12 key.

Then go to paint and then Edit>Paste then a picture of the screen should appear, then save it as a JPG file then post that on ImageShack.

RobCharles1981 19:50 10 Dec 07

silly me why didn't I think of that!

octal 19:50 10 Dec 07

What MCE2K5 says, probably MS 6.0 doesn't support a lot of the features that the more up to date ones have, try as I said before and save as Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP (doc)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…