Tower turned off fine, but wont come back on???

scott0004 11:42 10 Nov 07

Hi all,

I got a problem, I turned the pc off all well and dandy but then i've gone to turn it back on and nothing?

No power no nothing? the only little power I'm getting is a little Green LED light flashing near to where the power lead plugs into the tower????

Could anyone please help me out.

chris05 11:54 10 Nov 07

Have you just built the pc? if so open it up and check all connections to the board are seated right, I had a pc last week did the same thing turned out the CPU was not seated correctly if you just built or have recently you may want to check that, if its an old system its probably the PSU (power supply unit) you can check this by using a peace of cable heres a link how

click here

if it runs (check the fan on the psu as it will be quiet) then you know the psu is fine.

scott0004 18:28 10 Nov 07

No I havent just built it Chris, had it about 3 years now.

I tried running through that link but i cant work out what lead to unplug, I think it found it but I cant get it out the main board and I dont want to keep prodding around making it worse.

Is this flashing green light on the back any indication as to what it could be?

ambra4 19:34 10 Nov 07

Try this unplug the power cable from the tower leave it off for 10 minutes

Plug back in power cable and see if it will switch back on

woodchip 20:17 10 Nov 07

Also you could try removing flat ribbon cable from Hard Drive to see if it will boot to Dos Screen. To switch it off if it works hold the on button in for two or three seconds

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac