Tower motherboard template missing...HELP!!!!

SpyMan²°°­­³ {:o)){--< 11:30 28 Apr 03

I have just come to fit myself a new mobo and as i was fitting it in the tower i noticed that the template on the tower that fits round the outlets of the motherboard was different...i looked in the new mobo box and it wasn't there.

So i phoned the shop and he said they don't sell them...i should have got it with the tower.

I can't fit the motherboard until this has been sorted.

My original mobo was a KT4 ultra...the new one has the game port and sound outlets in a different place.

Where can i get a template...should it have come with the new mobo

BrianW 11:55 28 Apr 03

He is wrong, every board has a different layout for the back plate and you would normally expect the insert to come with the motherboard. It may be worth having another go at the shop where you purchased the board, face to face (get them to open another box and show you that the back plate is not included). I have known a dealer to resolve a problem with a previous customer by removing bits from one box and then selling the box to the next customer - minus some of the key bits! If not, contact the motherboard maker or visit a local Computer Fair. Hope you get it sorted,

Paranoid Android 12:45 28 Apr 03

Yup - should be with the mobo. Maybe the term 'template' confused your dealer. Try again. Try harder. Get mean.

DieSse 12:55 28 Apr 03

Some motherboards have them - some don't. usually the ones with unusual layout have them - but this isn't a cast iron guarantee. Most small assemblers have a stack of them - I know I have - but it'll take some time to get to you from Spain, even if you can describe it accurately enough. Have a word with a local assembler and ask nicely.

Paranoid Android 13:03 28 Apr 03

I've never bought a mobo that came without a back plate - I guess I've been lucky!

DaddyBear 13:57 28 Apr 03

Some mother(board)s do 'ave 'em!

Ooh Betty....

Apologies once again ;o)

hgrock 14:15 28 Apr 03

it should be with the box take it back, and say backplate not template a bit confusing that

pj123 14:26 28 Apr 03

Yes, "template" baffled me as well. All the ATX cases I sell have a backplate fitted but included is a separate backplate that can be inserted which has "text" for the connections rather than "symbols"

spikeychris 14:27 28 Apr 03

:o) LOL

spikeychris 14:32 28 Apr 03

Sometimes back plates come with motherboards, sometimes they come with the case.

Well...I went back to the shop and told him that without the "back plate' the mobo is no good to me and that i want my money back. He suddenly produced a back plate and wished me well.

Thank You everyone...if it wasn't for you guys..i wouldn't have had the 'balls' to go back to the shop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…