Touchpad/Email

griffo 08:02 29 Jan 06

This is a two part question, if that's OK. I have an Acer Aspire 5021 WLMi (XP Pro) which has a very sensititive touchpad. I have tried to find a way to make it less sensitive but failed. Consequently, I usually attach a mouse, as the tap often triggers unwanted commands because the merest touch sets it off.

When in Outlook (2003) all of my inbox suddenly highlighted and before I knew what was happening, my emails disappeared! They are not in the Deleted folder and I can't find them. So ....

1. Can anyone suggest where mt emails may have gone and ..

2. Can anyone tell me how to make this wretched touchpad less sensitive.

Hope someone can help please?

AndySD 08:13 29 Jan 06

If you havent done anyting else with outlook since then try Edit then Undo.

AndySD 08:21 29 Jan 06

Or try clicking on the Deleted Items folder then go to the Tools menu, select Recover Deleted Items.

Methedrine 10:01 29 Jan 06

Look in the system tray, near the clock, for "Synaptics pointing device". Right click it and turn off "Tap to click".

griffo 10:02 29 Jan 06

AndySD
thanks for the reply. I had to send another email after 'the event' so the edit undo option has passed. My Deleted items folder is intact but the newly 'disappeared' emails aren't in there.

AndySD 10:41 29 Jan 06

click here but make a back up copy of the pst file first.

But perhaps someone knows a free program to do this.

griffo 11:15 29 Jan 06

Are you convinced the emails have been deleted or are they possibly 'lurking' somewhere else?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…