touchpad pointer out of control

patso 18 Jan 12

hi can anyone help with this problem,my pointer is all over the screen when i hover with it on the touchpad,it keeps selecting text and moving allover the screen,the only way i can control it is by plugging in an exterior mouse, when i do this i can control the pointer with my finger,i am using hp cq 60 laptop with vista home premiun,the pointer is synaptics pointing device,i tried uninstalling and downloading the latest driver from them and was the same when i rebooted.i had to do a system restore to get back to square one whats gone wrong pc laptop,its driving me mad it keeps selecting text and highlighting text when i hover with it,any help please before i hurl it out the window,thanks

rawprawn 19 Jan 12

Synaptics FAQ

Look at Pointer behaving erratically or ay other that may be pertinent

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message