Touchpad freezes.

montse 06:30 23 Apr 08

I am having regular problems with the touchpad of my Acer 7520 laptop. The pointer regularly freezes. The laptop is then unusable. The only way to deal with it sseems to be to close the computer down and start again. I do not want to use a mouse.

montse

Taff™ 08:26 23 Apr 08

Operating System?

Have you opened the touchpad utility and checked the settings? There is usually one setting that temporarily switches off the touchpad when you are typing - it might be that. Otherwise check you have the latest drivers from the Acer website.

montse 21:52 01 May 08

Tried Taff's solution for which many thanks. Checking settings did not work. Acer thought possibly a software conflict or need to reseat pad. Not wishing to restore original settings at moment I bought a cheap mouse.When I touch this, it defreezes the pointer at once.

montse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…