Touch pad not working

welshpet 10:20 29 Sep 07

I bought my son an Acer 5003 for christmas last year. He rang me up yesterday to say his touch pad wasn't working. I went to see if I could help sort it out, but no I couldn't delp at all. Can you ar abyone else on the forum give me some advice I can pass on please? Thank you.

Marko797 10:24 29 Sep 07

Try pluggin in a mouse and checking the settings. They may have been changed/disabled accidentally, as they were for some strange reason on my laptop.

Marko797 12:00 29 Sep 07

I meant checking the settings for the touchpad by navigating with the mouse, sorry.

Sea Urchin 13:21 29 Sep 07

Try using the Touchpad Toggle. Key <Fn>+<F7> which should turn it on.

Sea Urchin 17:11 29 Sep 07

Thank you for sorting that problem out for me, but can I ask you if you have any idea on how he can rectify a problem that keeps occuring after he's been playing a game on the computer with his 4 year old daughter, when he turns everything off and goes to turn it on the following day he has lost his sound. I got it working for him yesterday, but he has told me that it has gone again. This was when I told him to try your suggestion of using the Fn and the F7 keys to get his touchpad working. Hope you can help again?

Suggest that you post this as a new problem.

Becco 13:07 15 Oct 07

Thanks , Sea Urchin, for the post on the touchpad toggle. I had the same problem & your answer resolved it. But why the devil don't Acer tell you in the manual what the various keys do?

Becco 16:17 15 Oct 07

Oops, I withdraw my last remark ! It does say quite clearly in the manual what each key does, somehow I overlooked it.

Sea Urchin 00:27 18 Oct 07

Thanks Becco - glad I could help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos