Totaly lost

Madpad_001 20:45 23 Apr 04

Help me please!! I have just tried to up load my web site that i built from scatch.But half the pictures do not show. I have uploaded all the pictures to the server but nothing happens on the page. The site is called click here
When I load the page from my hard drive it works fine, I have also tried to delete evey thing and start again but the same problem happens so I don't have a clue what to do next,
Madpad

james55 22:05 23 Apr 04

On your Home page I only get the middle picture of the first line shown, however when I click on the ones that don't show the enlarged view does.

I use Terrapin to upload to my site and some times I need to re-name the picture before it will make any changes.

Also whatever you are using, use a link checker before uploading.

PurplePenny 22:24 23 Apr 04

The images don't seem to be there on the server. To check enter the address of one of the missing thumbnails into the URL bar. I just tried it for a couple of the missing images and got a 404 - file-not-found error.

Putting all the images into a folder makes it much easier to keep track of them. That way you can quickly check whether they are all present and correct.

PP

PurplePenny 22:31 23 Apr 04

You are quite right. I thought at first that some of the missing images *didn't* have spaces and that some that displayed did but I've just looked at the page again and the missing images (thumbnail and full size) do, indeed, all have spaces.

PP

Madpad_001 17:57 24 Apr 04

Got it I changed the picnames and very thing worked fine thanks to you all for your help. I am a happy man once more(& the wife is talking to me again!!)

whatsupdoc 21:20 24 Apr 04

getting a domain name. i think it looks more proffesional and all you need to do is use forwarding. ive just checked with one and one and acaciatreefaires.co.uk is still available

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…