Totally Wipe Clean

aj316 12:00 11 Oct 03

i have two pc, my oldest one is currently running on windows 98, but as my new pc has xp i thought id like to have xp on my old pc aswell, my problem is my old pc is full of junk files to be honest, i wanted to know how i can completely wipe clean my old pc and start from nothing and install xp.

please help

The GnoMe 12:06 11 Oct 03

insert your new xp disc and istall it, it will format the drive for you

Legolas 12:07 11 Oct 03

To wipe your hard drive clean you would need to format it. If you choose to do this you will lose everything on your hard drive so make sure you have all the program disks and driver disks you need to reinstall your software/hardware. If you still want to go ahead click here

mark e 12:07 11 Oct 03

before installing check compatibility with the old PC and XP

soy 12:17 11 Oct 03

Before you go and format your old windows 98, you should know that you can only install XP on one machine. If you use the same disk from your new machine on you old one, it will ask you to activate it. And becuase you already have XP on one machine, microsoft will refuse it.

If you have an entirely new XP disk then theres no problem.

Just wanted to mention this in case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…