Totally stubborn SpyAxe

DWYRYD 02:56 13 Dec 05

Have tried practically all suggested remedies for SpyAxe infection - updated Adaware, updated Spybot, MS Antispyware - they find it but cannot get rid of it, despite claims that they can. SmitRem succeeded in restoring my hijacked home page but other measures have failed despite purging system restore, scanning in safe mode etc.
Another other suggestions anyone, please?

rmcqua 09:41 13 Dec 05

Did you try deleting "spyaxe" references from the registry?

Nellie2 09:52 13 Dec 05

Noahdfears smitrem tool has been updated to deal with Spyaxe now, when did you download it and what instructions did you follow?

I had heard that Adaware was targeting Spyaxe.. seems they have a little way to go yet.

DWYRYD 00:00 14 Dec 05

Thanks for the advice. I think I've got rid of the annoying Spyaxe popups. Following advice posted on some forum or other I entered Safe Mode and ran SmitRem - followed this up with updated Adaware (which found quite a few infected files) - followed this up with scan with Ewido (free download at click here)which found futher infected files. Then ran Spybot which didn't find any infection. The re-booted to Normal Mode and held my breath and crossed my fingers - SpyAxe had seemingly gone. The forum advice was then to run Panda's (click here) free online scan in normal mode to check for infection. I didn't do this as the download link didn't seem to work. However, I'm hopeful that the problem has been resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5