Totally Confused

SABRE 14:02 22 Mar 04

Received this in my Inbox.

Action taken on message:
The attachment your_document.pif contained WORM_NETSKY.D virus. ScanMail took the action: Deleted.
Warning to sender. ScanMail has detected a virus in an email you sent.

It is indicating that I sent an e-mail with the Netsky virus attached. Seems a correct meesage as the recipient is in my address book and it appears that Netsky has sent it.

However, I have run both the Norton and Sophos Netsky scans and they report ni virus. Any ideas?

Sethhaniel 14:07 22 Mar 04

I had an email on saturday - returned from mail server - I KNEW I had NOT sent any emails and the email said the message was in .zip file attached
All looked very genuine - but deleted straight from system

GaT7 14:22 22 Mar 04

Delete ALL such e-mails without opening & without reservation!

Use programs like MailWasher click here or ePrompter click here or POP Tray click here to delete such e-mails directly off the server without ever having to download them to your PC.

Taff36 14:52 22 Mar 04

Totally agree. There`s a lot of these floating about at the moment. Receive about one a day to the various e-mail addresses at work from people we don`t know. Because we use a server every e-mail out is logged and the e-mails were never sent in the first place!

It is more likely that your e-mail address is being spoofed. Ignore & Delete.

GaT7 15:22 22 Mar 04

Sorry, the link I'd given you above is for POP Peeper & not POP Tray. POP Peeper is the one to download, not POP Tray.

SABRE 15:53 22 Mar 04

Now trying to send e-mails but Norton flashes up that my server (BT) is rejecting the message because it has the MyDoom virus. Have just run the MyDoom Symantec 'killer' and it finds nothing, but still can't send e-mails.

Totally confused!!

GaT7 16:46 22 Mar 04

Try these depending on the error message number you're receiving - 1. click here . 2. click here . 3. click here

If no joy I suggest contacting your ISP for help. Good Luck, G

GaT7 16:48 22 Mar 04

When you post again please let us know the version of Norton AV you're using.

SABRE 17:01 22 Mar 04

Havn't done anything but e-mails now appear to be sending OK. Am using Norton Systemworks 2002 and Norton Antivirus Ver. 8.07.17C.
If i do a standard full virus scan with Norton, doesn't this find Netsky's, Beagle's, MyDoom's etc?
I do know that last week someone opened an e-mail and unzipped a file on my PC. Could be causing trouble?

Taff36 17:02 22 Mar 04
  SABRE 17:09 22 Mar 04

Have already run/done this but after I still had a couple of e-mails rejected by server stating they contained MyDoom. For no reason the server is now accepting them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac