Total Wireless Broadband

TURBO4NI 19:34 21 Sep 07

I have just purchased a D-Link DSL-924 Wireless G ADSL2/2+ Router Kit.
I have a desktop PC in a room upstairs in my house connected at the moment with a wired router.

I wanted to know can I have the wireless router situated downstairs at my telephone connection but not connected to any computer and connect my PC upstairs to the net.

P.S My PC does not have a wireless card, do I need one?

Thanks

John

mgmcc 21:10 21 Sep 07

<<<< I wanted to know can I have the wireless router situated downstairs at my telephone connection but not connected to any computer and connect my PC upstairs to the net. >>>>

Yes, you can but the quality of the connection will be dependent on what lies between the router and the PC, in particular the composition of walls & ceilings through which the wireless signal has to pass.

<<<< P.S My PC does not have a wireless card, do I need one? >>>>

Yes, you will in order to connect wirelessly to the router. This can be either an internal PCI card or a USB WiFi adapter.

Strawballs 22:30 21 Sep 07

You will need to connect a PC or laptop to the router at first to setup the wireless and security then you can go totally wireless

click here

TURBO4NI 23:01 21 Sep 07

Thank you I will try this. I understand now why the instructions ask you to connect to a PC first.

The kit comes with a USB Wifi adapter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced