Total upgrade of PC needed

WYN BACH 22:26 10 Jun 03

I have a HP Pavillion 8695 with an AMD Athalon 750MHz, 20.4GB Hard disk, 128MB SDRAM, TNT2PRO32MB AGP 2x Graphics card and I need to upgrade but don't know where to start. I need to be able to support the latest games and software. Please help.

VoG™ 22:30 10 Jun 03

The first thing you need is more memory. Go click here to see what motherboard you have and free memory slots then go click here to see what will suit.

Totally-braindead 23:17 10 Jun 03

WYN, I hate to say this but there is only so much you can do. The latest games are requiring faster processors than you have, the only solution is a new motherboard and a faster processor. some of the new games require a 1400Mhz and you have 750Mhz. Before thinking of changing the motherboard look at the power supply if it less than 300 watts then you will need a new power supply as well and for the price of a new power supply you can buy a new tower case, typically about £20 which gives you a new power supply as well.
Thats the bad news, now if you're just seeking to upgrade a bit then as VoG says RAM is the first step, another 128MB would make a difference also another graphics card a GeForce 4 or Radeon 9000 would make a considerable difference to game playing. The TNT2 is a bit long in the tooth these days.

Voyager 00:06 11 Jun 03

Try Ebay, "click here" you can get a new PC with all the oomph you need for probably the same or less money than the CPU, RAM and Graphics card cost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…