total security ??????

qwesaws 06:18 08 Sep 09

A web site called total security appears on my desktop on startup and at regular intervals how can I get rid of it?
It`s not in msconfig/startup

julius44 07:52 08 Sep 09

If what u say is correct, then total security is a ROGUE SOFTWARE. Does it look like this?? click here:
click here

If so then u seem to be infected, but all u have to do is down load a program called malewarebytes anti-malware

click here:
click here

My friend was infected with this dodgy software program, and I used this to rectify the problem for here..when u download it..just update, and u may need to run the program in Safe mode. any probs let me know or anyone one on the forum will be willing to help u.

qwesaws 06:32 09 Sep 09

Thanks a lot for that, only problem is I downloaded malwarebytes anti-malware it comes up on desktop starts to scan and the disappears so what`s the problem? please

julius44 07:50 09 Sep 09

Usually when u download it for the first time, u must use it in SAFE MODE....and to do this as your laptop is switching on, immediatley, u keep tapping the F8 key contionously until u come to a sceen that says windows advanced option menu, then all u do is look for the option that says safe mode......then your laptop/pc should then start in safe mode and u then scan with the malewarebytes....after it has finished scanning it should find and remove all traces of total security, then all u have to do is restart in normal mode......and u are done.
Any probs let me know

qwesaws 08:24 09 Sep 09

I did as you said ran it in safe mode carried out the scan and did the removal but " total security" was still there I have since done a system restore and i think that may have worked I`ll wait and see, anyway thanks a lot for your interest and help.

bernhei 07:20 19 Sep 09

There is a possibility that Total Security will block access to control panel items, task manager (so that Total Security processes could not be killed), regedit.exe, hijackthis.exe and anti-spyware applications such as Malwarebytes antimalware, thus protecting its files from being deleted.
How to unblock .exe files click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…